SOLD OUT Limited Edition 10 items.
Grimfrost's Stiklarstaðir Sword is absolute top-quality when it comes to performance, craftmanship and appearence.
Stiklarstaðir swords are based on Viking swords from the time when the bloody battle of Stiklarstaðir raged. Our version is authentic to the period with a leather covered wooden scabbard and a leather wrapped handle – both sewn into place by hand. The steel pommel and guard come with Viking Age copper decorations. The battle ready blade is hand-forged in high carbon 1095 steel and comes with a blunted edge suitable for reenactment use. The point is NOT rounded and stabbing moves can be dangerous. The point can, however, be easily rounded with the right tools.
• Blunted (not point) and suitable for reenactment battles.
• Full tang blade forged in high carbon 1095 steel (hardness 48-50 HRC).
• Hand-forged blade in a semi-production environment.
• Hand-sewn leather covered handle and wooden
• Total length: 37" (94 cm)
• Length of blade: 31" (78 cm)
• Maximum width of blade: 48 mm
• Thickness of blade: 3.5 mm
• Grip length: Just below 4" (10 cm)
• Weight of sword: 2.6 lb (1,2 kg)
• Total weight with scabbard: 3.5 lb (1,6 kg)
In the year 1030 an army of nearly 4 000 men led by Olaf Haraldsson crossed the mountains from Sweden into Norway. Olaf was returning to retake the throne of Norway after been outmaneuvered and forced into exile. The army arrived to the Veradalr valley and to the Stiklarstaðir farm, where they faced 14 400 warriors prepared for battle. When the smoke cleared, nearly 9 000 lay dead and among them Olaf Haraldsson. He had suffered a wound to his knee, one to his neck and the final mortal wound to his belly by a spear thrust in under his mail.