Codice articolo: 2417
Grimfrost's Tyr Sword is is a Viking Age sword of high quality performance and craftsmanship.
The guard has a custom design lindworm pattern. The pommel comes with the runic inscription "Tyr Viki", meaning "Tyr protects" in Old Norse. It also has the Tyr-rune on both sides of the pommel. The two Tyr-runes are mentioned in the poem Sigrdrífumál in the Poetic Edda as a way of achieving victory in battle.
The blade is hand-forged in high carbon 1065 steel and comes with a fuller and a sharpened blade.
Both the leather covered wooden scabbard and the leather wrapped handle are sewn into place by hand. The scabbard also comes with a belt.
• Total length: 36.6" (93 cm)
• Length of blade: 30.7" (78 cm)
• Maximum width of blade: 1.85" (47 mm)
• Grip length: 4" (10 cm)
• Weight of sword: 2.4 lb (1,1 kg)
• Balance point: 16 cm from the guard.
• Full tang with a peened pommel.
• Sharpened edge.
• Oxidated to a dark finish.
• Hand-forged in high carbon 1065 steel in a semi-production environment.
In a stanza of Sigrdrífumál, a poem in the Poetic Edda, a Valkyrie teaches that to achieve victory in battle, "victory runes" are to be carved on the sword and the name "Týr" said twice:
if thou longest to win,
And the runes on thy sword-hilt write;
Some on the furrow,
and some on the flat,
And twice shalt thou call on Tyr.