Broken Back Seax, Hand-forged
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2820
This hand-forged seax is of the design that was common both among the Vikings and the Anglo-Saxons. The sax (English: seax) is a long knife characterized by a large, single-edged blade worn horizontally inside a scabbard attached to the belt, with the edge of the blade upwards. It was historically seen with Germanic peoples, and gave among other things the Saxons their name. Grimfrost in runes is stamped into the blade as a makers mark.
- Type IV Seax
- Sharpened full tang blade
- Material: Carbon Steel 1045
- Handmade handle from ash.
- Hand-stitched leather scabbard.
- Total length: 16" (40 cm)
- Length of the blade: 10.5" (27 cm)
- Carefully handmade, small variations may occur.
Below is a review of the seax by Viking bushcrafter Björn Bull-Hansen.