Viking Belt, Bj 750, Birka
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 3831
Viking Age belt based on the find from grave Bj 750 in Birka, Sweden. We have examined the actual finds in person at the Swedish History Museum.
Hand-made from durable oxhide, the belt comes with historically accurate bronze fittings and a strap end. The thick belt is sturdy enough to keep even heavier items hanging from it nicely. Available in three historical colors and three lengths. The belt comes without ready-made holes, since a row of those would make it look too modern. It is better and easy to make a couple of holes after trying it on. An awl will do the job for you, or simply put the belt on a wooden board and strike a nail through it. Wear it hanging down or tied to the side.
- Material: Leather belt and bronze fittings
- Belt Length: Available in 3 lengths
- Belt Width: 20 mm
- Belt Thickness: 2.5 - 3 mm (8 oz)
- Colors: Natural, Chestnut and Antique Brown
- The belt comes without ready-made holes.
- Belts are assembled once per week according to the ordered sizes. This may postpone the dispatch of the order slightly.
A belt belongs to the basics of a Viking outfit, together with a tunic, trousers and shoes. richly decorated belts were not used by everyone. Anything that serving as a belt could be used to tie the tunic at the waist - such as a piece of rope, cloth or a simple leather strap with an iron ring. Belts ranged in width from 12 mm to 40 mm, which is evident in finds from the Viking Age.