Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2685
Fire steels were standard personal equipment throughout the Viking Age, often carried hanging from the belt or in a pouch. Made from carbon steel, they are used in firemaking where the the steel is struck against the sharp edge of flint, chert or similar rock, which creates sparks.
Our hand-forged fire steel is of the typical Viking Age design that have been found throughout Scandinavia. It allows for a good grip that also protects the fingers. It comes with a hand-stitched leather pouch that also fits any other firemaking tools you may need. A flint stone from the Baltics is included, which is of the same kind that would have been used by the Vikings.
- Material: Hand-forged carbon steel
- Size: 4" x 1.7" (10 x 4.5 cm)
- Comes with a 5.5" x 4.5" (14 x 12 cm) hand-stitched leather pouch.
- Comes with a Baltic flint stone
- Carefully handmade, small variations may occur