Viking Gjermundbu Helmet, Aventail
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 1166
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
This is a reproduction of the Gjermundbu Viking helmet that comes with a riveted mail aventail and a leather protector that keeps your hair from getting caught in the mail. Archaeological finds reveal that Viking helmets were crafted from iron in the shape of a rounded cap made from four plates, with metal strip reinforcements on the brim and crown. The use of protective mail attached to the skull of the helmet was also widespread.
This helmet is made with reenactment fighting in mind. The characteristic "spike" on top of the helmet removed since it can catch weapons during fighting. The spectacle guard offers good vision, as well as excellent protection of the cheeks, nose and mouth. With authentic design, this is perfect for both reenactors wanting a good, protective piece, and for those wanting a historical Viking helmet on display.
- Crafted from 14 gauge steel.
- Includes Leather Lining and a Chin Strap
- Features Riveted Band Reinforcements
- Possesses an Attached Riveted Mail Aventail
- Comes with a leather protector that keeps the hair clear from the mail.
- Fits up to a 60 cm circumference
- Grimfrost's bindrune is placed on the helmet as a maker's mark.
- Helmet stand not included and is bought separately.
This is a reproduction of the Gjermundbu Viking helmet - it is the only one known example of a complete Viking helmet in existence and the name comes from the excavation site in Gjermundbu in Norway. The helmet dates to the 10th century and has a "spectacle" guard around the eyes and nose, in addition to protective mail attached to the skull of the helmet.