Viking Seax, Type II
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2543
This hand-forged seax is of the design that was common among the Vikings (Norse Type II). The sax (English: seax) is a long knife characterized by a large, single-edged blade worn horizontally inside a scabbard attached to the belt, with the edge of the blade upwards. It was historically seen with Germanic peoples, and gave among other things the Saxons their name. This particular shape and design was common in Viking Age Scandinavia, where the curved side of the blade was sharpened, rather than the straight side.
- Norse Type II Seax
- Hand-forged and sharpened steel blade.
- HRC 55-58
- Wooden handle with a brass cap.
- Handmade leather scabbard with brass decorations.
- Total length: 16" (40 cm)
- Length of the blade: 10.5" (27 cm)
- Carefully handmade, small variations may occur