Scandinavian Reindeer Skin, Outdoor
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2915
Soft reindeer skin for from the Sápmi region of Northern Scandinavia for both indoor and outdoor use. Reindeer skin has been used throughout the Scandinavian history for sitting surfaces, as decoration, sleeping rugs and to keep warm. Since the reindeer is an arctic animal, well equipped for the hard climate and tough living conditions, it has a fur that can handle even the worst possible weather conditions. The fur coat is dense and insulates well against both both cold and moisture. If you want a skin usable for clothing, choose the skin for indoor use.
- Color: Natural
- Length: Approx. 4' (120 cm)
- Width: Approx. 2'4" (70 cm)
- Origin: Northern Sweden
- For both indoor and outdoor use.
- Backside treated with water-repellent which allows it to be used even on moist and cold surfaces such as ice and snow.
- Each skin is unique and they all differ in shape, structure and shade.
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- After using it outdoors, hang it up to dry slowly in room-temperature.
- Storage the skin in an airy, dry environment.
- If you use the reindeer skin indoors lying on the floor, a bench or similar, add a fine-meshed anti-slip mat under it to ensure air circulation. Reindeer skin has such an extreme insulating ability that condensation may form under the it, resulting in hair loss.
- We do not recommend using the reindeer skin as a rug since the hairs are hollow and may break if you walk on it constantly.
- Never wash a reindeer skin. If necessary, gently brush it off.