Grimfrost's Combat Helmet
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 3932
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
Combat helmet based on the Gjermundbu Viking helmet.
The helmet comes with a protective steel cage hidden behind an enclosing riveted mail aventail. The cage offers additional protection for the areas beneath the rim of the helmet. With authentic design, this helmet is perfect for full contact Viking fighters wanting a good, protective piece.
The helmet is large enough to allow most people to wear it with a padded hood. The size can also be adjusted for smaller heads through additional padding inside the top part. You can find a padded hood here: Hufa, Padded Hood
We advise the 12 gauge helmet with a padded hood for full contact fighting.
- Available in 1 size
- Available in 2 thicknesses: 14 gauge (2 mm) and 12 gauge (2.5 mm)
- Crafted from mild steel
- Eye slits measure 9 cm (3.5") across the widest point
- Includes a 360 degree protective bar (thickness 6 mm)
- Features Riveted Band Reinforcements
- Comes with a 360 degree Riveted Round Mail Aventail
- Helmet stand not included and is bought separately.
We recommend wearing the helmet with a padded hood if it is used in combat.
- Side to side: 8.7" (22 cm)
- Front to back: 9.5" (24 cm)
- Depth of bowl: 6.7" (17 cm)
- Circumference: 27.5" (70 cm)
This helmet is based on the Gjermundbu Viking helmet - the only one known example of a complete Viking helmet in existence. The name comes from the excavation site in Gjermundbu in Norway. The helmet dates to the 10th century and has a "spectacle" guard around the eyes and nose, in addition to protective mail attached to the skull of the helmet.