Broken Back Seax, Type IV
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2820
A reproduction of the Viking seax from the 900-1000s that was found at Princes Street in London. We have elongated the tang, making it run through the wooden handle which results in a stronger, more durable item. Grimfrost in runes is stamped into the blade as a makers mark.
- Type IV Seax
- Sharpened full tang blade
- Material: Carbon Steel 1045
- HRC 55-58
- Handmade handle from ash.
- Hand-stitched leather scabbard.
- Total length: 16" (40 cm)
- Length of the blade: 11" (28 cm)
- Maximum widht of blade: 1.3 " (3.2 cm)
- Length of handle: 5" (12 cm)
- Carefully handmade, small variations may occur.
The sax (English: seax) is a long knife characterized by a large, single-edged blade worn horizontally inside a scabbard attached to the belt, with the edge of the blade upwards. It was historically seen with Germanic peoples, and gave among other things the Saxons their name.