Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2531
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
Grimfrost's Ásgautr is a Viking Age sword based on the find in the Rosenlund grave in Denmark. The double-edged blade is crafted in tempered high carbon EN45 steel, and it comes with a distinctive fuller. Included with the sword is a leather-wrapped scabbard and belt. The sword is battle ready and can be used for costume dressing and reenactment purposes.
- Edge: Semi-sharp
- Material: Hardedend and tempered EN45 high carbon steel.
- Total length: 36.6" (93 cm)
- Length of blade: 30.7" (78 cm)
- Maximum width of blade: 1.85" (47 mm)
- Grip length: 4" (10 cm)
- Weight of sword: 3.1 lb (1,4 kg)
- Balance point: 11 cm from the guard
- Blade forged in a semi-production environment.
- Full tang with a peened pommel
- Copyright Grimfrost
Grimfrost's Ásgautr is based on a sword found in the Rosenlund grave in Denmark. We like to think that it belonged to the probably esteemed Viking warrior Ásgautr Red-Shield who is mentioned on a runestone standing in the nearby church of Rønninge. It reads:
"Sōti satti stæin þannsi æft Æilæif, brōður sinn, sun Āsgauts Rauðumskialda"
(English: Sóti placed this stone in memory of Eileifr, his brother, Ásgautr Red-shield’s son”.)