Icelandic Sheepskin, Natural Brown
Product number: 2518
Long-haired sheepskin from Iceland that is ecologically tanned. Sheepskin is an unrivaled natural material that keeps you warm during the winter and cool during the summer. They were used by Vikings both as rugs and as clothing. Two or three pieces can be used to make a fur coat.
Our Icelandic sheepskins are a ECO-friendly products that meet the stringent EU directives concerning environmental protection. Each skin is unique and they all differ in shape, structure and shade.
- Color: Natural Brown
- Size: 3-4 feet (100 to 120 cm)
- Wool length: 6-8" (15-20 cm)
- Origin: Iceland
Sheeps have developed certain natural characteristics to keep them clean. Their skins are dirt repellent, anti-bacterial, resilient, hypoallergenic and resistant to water, flame and static electricity. Washing a sheepskin can remove the natural lanolin (wool fat) that keeps it clean.If you want to clean your sheepskin, here are some steps to follow:
- SHAKE: Lanolin (wool fat) repels dirt naturally. It's quite simple to remove it by shaking the sheepskin outside, which helps the loosely attached dirty particles fall off. You can also beat it with a broom handle or similar.
- BRUSH: Brush your rug carefully. This will remove dust and also make your rug fluffy again if it has gone a bit flat. It is normal for some wool to come off on the brush.
- VACUUM: Once shaken and brushed, run a vacuum cleaner over your rug to pick up all other dust and other dirt particles.
- FRESH AIR: Leave it hanging outside, preferably when the temperature is a bit cooler.