Naalbinding Woolen Mittens
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 4293
Woolen mittens handmade with the naalbinding knitting technique. Naalbinding was the knitting technique used during the Viking Age and it has survived in the Nordic Countries till this day. If you want historically accurate Viking Age mittens then these are the ones to go with. They do an excellent job with both ventilating and keeping your hands warm.
- Material: 100% Icelandic wool
- Handmade and therefore slight variations may occur.
- Length is measured from the bottom of the palm to the tip of the middle finger.
- Circumference is measured around the widest part of the palm
- Size S = length 17 cm (6.7"), circumference 18 cm (7.1")
- Size M = length 19 cm (7.5"), circumference 20 cm (7.9")
- Size L = length 20 cm (7.9"), circumference 23 cm (9.1")
Clothing remains from the Viking Age are rare due to wool, linen and such not surviving very well. There are, however, two known naalbinding mittens that have survived. One from Iceland and one from Olso in Norway.