Old Norse For Modern Times
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 3962
Old Norse is the language of legends and the stuff of sagas, the inspiration for Tolkien and Marvel, for award-winning manga and epic videogames. It is the language of cleverly crafted kennings, blood-curdling curses and pithy retorts to Ragnarök.
- Memorable movie quotes ("We're going to need a bigger boat." Þurfa munu vér skip stærra)
- Battle-cries to yell on Discord ("Do I look to be in a gaming mood?" Sýnisk þér ek vera í skapi til leika?)
- Mead hall musings ("This drink, I like it! ANOTHER!" Líkar mér drykkr þessi! ANNAN!)
- Tried-and-tested pickup lines ("Nice tattoo!" Fagrt er húðflúrið").
- Title: Old Norse For Modern Times
- By (author): Ian Stuart Sharpe
- ISBN-10: 1947659863
- ISBN-13: 978-1947659865
- Pages: 144
- Language: English
- Format: Hardcover
- Size: 5.5 x 0.6 x 8.5 inches
- Published: Outland Entertainment (April 13, 2021)
About the author: Ian Stuart Sharpe (Ión Stívarður Skarpi) likes to imagine he is descended from Guðrum, King of the East Angles, although DNA tests and a deep disdain for camping suggest otherwise. He is the author of two novels set in his alternate Vikingverse, the All Father Paradox and Loki's Wager. As a child he discovered his love of books, sci-fi and sagas: devouring the works of Douglas Adams, J.R.R. Tolkien, Terry Pratchett and George MacDonald Fraser alongside Snorri Sturluson and Sigvat the Skald. He once won a prize at school for Outstanding Progress and chose a dictionary as his reward, secretly wishing it had been an Old Norse phrasebook. It took him thirty years, but he has finally realised his dream.