Product number: 2318
Hnefatafl is an ancient Viking board game where an overwhelming force of raiding attackers clash in battle with the defending king and his loyal force of warriors. The game was highly appreciated by the Vikings who used it to perfect their strategies in war.
The board is made from wood, bone and horn with a lindworm design and 'Grimfrost' carved in runes. The black pieces are made from horn, and the white from bone. The set comes with a decorated wooden box with similar artwork and "Hnefatafl" carved in runes.
Production and copyrighted design by Grimfrost.
• Number of players: 2
• Difficulty level: Very easy to learn. Hard to master.
• Size of board: 11" x 11" (28 x 28 cm)
• Size of box: 14" x 14" (35 x 35 cm)
• Material: Wood, Bone and Horn
• Contents: 1 x Hnefatafl board, 24 black pieces, 12 white pieces, 1 white King, a ruleset and a box.
• The Premium Hnefatafl is carefully handmade, and therefore variations may occur.
Being a skilled player was held in such high esteem that it’s mentioned in several sagas, such as in the Orkeyinga Saga where Jarl Rögnvald Kali Kolsson tops his list of nine boasts with his skill at Hnefatafl.