Riveted Mail Shirt, Birka
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2066
Mail armor was called "Brynja" by Vikings, and it was worn in the form of a mail shirt by those who could afford it. Our mail shirt is made from uncoated 14 gauge riveted round steel rings with 14 gauge solid flat steel washers. The outer diameter of the rings is 11 mm, which gives good protection and a historical appearance. The mail shirt has half sleeves and comes in three sizes.
Our mail is based on the Viking Age find at the garrison of Birka in Sweden, that is the best source of what Viking mail looked like with the ring size and construction.
- Chest circumference: 130 cm/51inches.
- Length: 90 cm/35 inches
- Length of sleeve: 25 cm/10 inches
- Weight: 12.8 kg / 28 lbs
- Chest circumference: 140 cm/55 inches.
- Length: 95 cm/37 inches
- Length of sleeve: 30 cm/12 inches
- Weight: 15 kg / 33 lbs
- Chest circumference: 150 cm/59 inches.
- Length: 100 cm/40 inches
- Length of sleeve: 35 cm/14 inches
- Weight: 17 kg / 37.5 lbs