Shaman Drum, Päivö
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 3442
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!
Traditional shaman drum that is carefully handmade in Finland, where old Nordic shamanic traditions have survived throughout the centuries. It has been crafted out of traditional materials without the use of any powertools. Only a handsaw, a knife and sandpaper has been used during the process. This crafting method takes time, but it is necessary if the drum is to have a spirit of its own.
Päivö, the Sami symbol of the sun, is beautifully painted by hand onto the drumskin with different entities of the world surrounding it. The art is inspired by the Sami people of Scandinavia.
It is truly a fantastic instrument. The reindeer hide drumhead combined with the solid structure results in an amazing echo and powerful sound.
The drum comes with care instructions and a guide to the Drum Awakening Ceremony in case you wish to use it for shamanic practices rather than just as an instrument.
- Size: 20" x 16" (50 x 40 cm)
- Traditionally handmade in Finland
- Reindeer hide drumhead
- Natural linen ropes
- Layered birch plywood frame
- A pinewood handle is attached to the frame with wooden plugs to make the structure as solid as possible
- The artwork is painted with oil color, stain varnish or a combination of both
- The beater is made of reindeer fur and horn/antler