Grimfrost's Broad Axe
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 3805
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING INCLUDED
A massive two-handed Viking Broad Axe based on a find from Langeid in Norway. Just as the original, it has a brass cylinder on the shaft that runs through the axe head. Grimfrost in runes is stamped onto the blade as a "makers mark". The shaft is untreated, polished ash that can be treated with linseed oil or anything of your choice. A handstitched leather protector is included. The original axe is today located at the Kulturhistorisk Museum in Norway (Item no: C58882/4).
- Petersen Type M axe
- Time period: 940 - 1040 CE
- Total length: 5’5" (165 cm)
- Length of shaft: 5' (152 cm)
- Width of blade: 9.5" (24 cm)
- Cast forged in tempered EN45 carbon steel
- HRC 55-58
- Head wedged to the shaft.
- Sharp edge
- Handmade shaft from ash
- Handstitched leather protector
- Carefully handmade, small variations may occur.
Known as a Broad Axe, Long Axe and Dane Axe, these massive two-handed tools were quite popular on the battle fields from the late 900s and onward.