Ribe Bead Set, Red
- Out of stock
- Inventory on the way
- Handmade beads and amulet
- Based on historical finds
- Material: Glass and bronze
- Set contains a Valyrie amulet (SKU 2724), Leather cord (SKU 3163) and 30 glass beads from Birka.
- Threefoil brooch, tortoise brooches or other accessories seen in the image bought separately and not included.
SAVE 10% WITH THIS SET!
The perfect set for hanging between tortoise brooches worn together with a Viking Age apron dress. The Viking glass beads are based on finds from Ribe in Denmark and they come together with a Valkyrie amulet based on a find on the Danish Island of Funen. The beads have been traditionally made through winding layers of molten glass around a metal rod.
Vikings would go to any lengths to get hold of colored beads, which is evident in the huge amount found during excavations. They are the single most common items found in pre-Christian Viking graves.