Viking Cloak, Blue
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 3918
Durable Viking Age cloak made from dense wool. Use it for looks, for protection from the elements, or to sleep in. The cloak can be embroidered or trimmed with tablet woven braid for a wealthier look.
The Viking Age cloak consists of a large rectangular piece of wool that is meant to provide protection from the elements. Grave evidence and contemporary depictions suggest that cloaks were pinned on the right shoulder, leaving the right arm free. The left side that hangs down can be thrown over the shoulder to free the left arm (as seen in the pictures). The cloaks hung somewhere between the knee and the ankle.
Pin/Brooch not included. We recommend using one with a minimum diameter of 50mm.
- Based on historical sources
- Color: Blue
- Material: 100% felted tabby weave wool (350 gsm)
- Handwash only
- Width: 4'9" (1.5 m) - This indicates how far down it hangs. Reduce through cutting if need be.
- Length: 8'2" (2.5 m) - This indicates the wrapping length. Reduce through cutting if need be.
- Accessories or other garments not included.
- All accessories and clothes available in the Grimfrost webshop.
The cloak is made from recycled wool that is a great ECO-friendly option! Aided by modern-day quality controls and meticulous sorting before shredding and weaving, it saves on the energy and water needed to produce non-recycled wool. The process also eliminates the use of chemicals.