Linen High Breeches, Natural
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2845
Very comfortable linen trousers that were common among the Norse before and throughout the Viking Age. This is evident on picture stones, contemporary art and archaeological finds (such as in Hedeby and Birka). Made of authentic Baltic linen, they are both durable and comfortable. Wear them preferably with leg wraps.
- Based on historical sources
- Made from 100% Baltic Linen
- Color: Natural
- The trousers come with a drawstring at the waist.
- Boots or leg wraps not included.
- "A beloved child has many names" is a Swedish proverb that fits quite well to these trousers. Known as "baggy pants", "pösbyxor", "rus trousers" etc, we simply refer to them as "high breeches" (Old Norse: hábrók) which is the name used for them in the Icelandic saga Hauk Hábrók's Tale."
- Made of 100% Baltic linen in the Baltic region. Linen from around the Baltic Sea grows strong and durable due to the colder climate. It was a highly appreciated fabric by the Vikings.