Birka Bead Set, Blue
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 3170
SAVE 10% WITH THIS SET!
The perfect set for hanging between tortoise brooches worn together with a Viking Age apron dress. The Viking glass beads are based on finds from Birka in Sweden and they come together with a Freya amulet based on a find from Askahögen, Sweden. The beads have been traditionally made through winding layers of molten glass around a metal rod.
- Handmade beads and amulet
- Based on historical finds
- Material: Glass and bronze
- Set contains a Freya amulet (SKU 2607), Leather cord (SKU 3163) and 30 glass beads from Birka.
- Threefoil brooch, tortoise brooches or other accessories seen in the image bought separately and not included.
Vikings would go to any lengths to get hold of colored beads, which is evident in the huge amount found during excavations. They are the single most common items found in pre-Christian Viking graves.