Grimfrost's Genja, Lethrvingir Edition
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 1034
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING!
A true collectors item for those who value expert hand-crafting skills.
Genja is the impressive two-handed axe highly valued by the Vikings and equally feared by their foes. Unlike many other historical reproductions, it is fully handmade and forged according to ancient Viking techniques.
The Leðrvingir Edition (Old Norse: Leather Swinger) is based on the early 11th Century Viking axe found in the River Thames. The thin blade features the characteristic, thick steel edge that has been meticulously added to the iron body with ancient techniques - just like on the original. The shaft is hand-made from Swedish ash as was customary during the Viking Age. The upper part of the shaft is protected by thick leather with skillfully custom crafted motifs. Matching motifs have also been added to the blade's leather protector. Both leather protectors are hand-made from Swedish premimum quality leather.
Genja is a limited edition item originating from the forge of a Swedish expert smith, who has decades of experience in accurate historic forging.
Availability and delivery:
The first Leðrvingir Edition is limited to 6 items. Each Genja is handmade, in stock and ready for shipping. It comes in a wooden box to ensure safe shipping.
- Based on the 11th Century Viking Axe found in the River Thames
- Total length: Approx. 63" (160 cm)
- Total weight: Approx. 5.3 pounds (2.4 kg)
- Blade: Approx. 9.5" (240 mm) wide, hand-forged from iron and steel.
- Shaft: Approx. 60" (153 cm) long, made from Swedish ash.
- Shaft leather protector length: Approx. 9.5" (240 mm)
- The Genja is carefully handmade, and therefore variations may occur.
- Each buyer receives Care and Maintenance instructions, as well as a Certificate of Authenticity.
See the presentation of a Genja axe below and the work poured into making one. Notice of importance: The axe in the film is not the Leðrvingir Edition, but rather the sold out Linnormr Edition.