Product number: 2542
Grimfrost's Kross-Ox (Old Norse: Cross Axe) is based on an original 10th Century find from Stengstugu Hejde, on Gotland, Sweden. The head has an open section that features a cross motif. This design lessens both the weight of the axe, as well as the amount of metal required for the item, while still keeping it strong and robust enough for use.
- Total length: 4'1" (125 cm)
- Length of shaft: 3'7" (114 cm)
- Width of blade: 8" (20 cm)
- Weight: 3lb 12oz (1.7 kg)
- Hand-forged head in EN45 steel in a semi-production environment
- Head wedged to the shaft.
- Blunt edge that can be sharpened
- Handmade shaft from ash
- Carefully handmade, small variations may occur.
A cross does not necessarily indicate a connection to Christianity. Cross symbols were quite common in Scandinavia already during the Bronze Age that pre-dates Christianity.