Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 3055
FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING
Grimfrost's Sáreldr is a Viking Age sword based on a find in Norway. The double-edged blade is crafted in tempered high carbon EN45 steel, and it comes with a distinctive fuller. The guard and pommel are handmade in bronze using the ancient lost wax casting technique. Included with the sword is a leather-wrapped scabbard and a decorated belt with a bronze buckle. The belt can easily be adjusted so the sword can be worn on the right side of the hip. The sword is battle ready and can be used for costume dressing and reenactment purposes.
- Period: AD800-850 (Petersen Type D)
- Hand-forged blade in a semi-production environment.
- Material: Tempered EN45 high carbon steel. 48-50 HRC
- Total length: 37" (95 cm)
- Length of blade: 30.7" (78 cm)
- Maximum width of blade: 1.85" (47 mm)
- Edge: Semi-sharp
- Grip length: 4" (10 cm)
- Weight of sword: 3 lbs (1.4 kg)
- Balance point: 14 cm from the guard
- Full tang with a screwed pommel
- Length of belt: 5'9" (180 cm)
- Copyright Grimfrost
Grimfrost's Sáreldr is based on a sword that is today located in the History Museum in Norway. There is no documentation on where exactly the sword was found, but it is evident that it was part of a funeral pyre. We have thus chosen to call it Sáreldr, which translates to "wound-fire". It is a term used for swords in Old Norse poetry.
Link to the original find in the History Museum in Norway: http://www.unimus.no/artefacts