Product number: 2775
Grimfrost's Skeggox (Old Norse: Bearded Axe) is a one-handed axe that was in use throughout the Viking Age. The name is derived from the elongated lower portion of the axe head that provides a wide cutting surface without increasing the total weight. The extended part also makes it very well suited for catching shields and weapons. Grimfrost in runes is stamped onto the sharpened blade as a "makers mark". The shaft is untreated, polished ash that can be treated with linseed oil or anything of your choice. A hand-sewn leather protector is included. The pushbuttons can be removed and replaced with leather strings for a historically correct version.
- Total length: 23.5" (60 cm)
- Length of shaft: 21.6" (55 cm)
- Width of blade: 6” (15 cm)
- Hand-forged in steel a semi-production environment
- Material: Carbon Steel 1045
- Head wedged to the shaft.
- Sharpened edge
- Handmade shaft from ash
- Carefully handmade, small variations may occur.