Grimfrost's Viking Helmet
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2711
This is a Grimfrost's version of the Gjermundbu Viking helmet, especially made with reenactment fighting in mind. As all Viking helmets it is crafted in the shape of a rounded cap. Made from two plates, it has a metal strip reinforcement running from the back, across the crown and all the way down the spectacle guard, resulting in good deflective properties. Another metal reinforcement runs along the brim. The characteristic "spike" on top of the helmet has been removed, since it can catch weapons during fighting. The spectacle guard offers good vision, as well as excellent protection of the cheeks, nose and mouth. With authentic design, this is perfect for both reenactors and for those wanting a historical Viking helmet on display.
- Crafted from 14 gauge steel.
- Includes leather lining and a chin strap
- Features riveted band reinforcements
- Riveted aventail option
- Fits up to a 24.5" (62 cm) circumference
- Weighs 2.2 kg without aventail
- Side to side: 8" (20.3 cm)
- Front to back: 9" (22.8 cm)
- Depth of bowl: 6" (15.2 cm),
- Circumference with lining: 24.5" (62 cm)
- Circumference with removed lining (you can replace it with thinner lining): 26.4" (67 cm)
The Gjermundbu Viking helmet is the only one known example of a complete Viking helmet in existence and the name comes from the excavation site in Gjermundbu in Norway. The helmet dates to the 10th century and has a "spectacle" guard around the eyes and nose.