Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2938
Hnefatafl is an ancient Viking board game where an overwhelming force of raiding attackers clash in battle with the defending king and his loyal force of warriors. The game was highly appreciated by the Vikings who used it to perfect their strategies in war.
The board is made from leather that can be rolled up or turned into a bag to contain the gaming pieces made from polished stones. The perfect set for wanderers, Viking reenactors and backpackers!
Production and copyrighted design by Grimfrost.
• Number of players: 2
• Difficulty level: Very easy to learn. Hard to master.
• Diameter of board: 16" (40 cm)
• Material: Leather with stone gaming pieces
• Contents: 1 x Hnefatafl board, 24 black pieces, 12 white pieces, 1 white King, and a ruleset.
• The Hnefatafl is carefully handmade, and therefore variations may occur.
Being a skilled player was held in such high esteem that it’s mentioned in several sagas, such as in the Orkeyinga Saga where Jarl Rögnvald Kali Kolsson tops his list of nine boasts with his skill at Hnefatafl.