Scandinavian Reindeer Skin, Indoor
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 2914
Soft reindeer skin for from the Sápmi region of Northern Scandinavia for indoor use. It is also perfect for making garments from, as long as the backside is worn against the body. Reindeer skin has been used throughout the Scandinavian history for sitting surfaces, as decoration, sleeping rugs and to keep warm. Since the reindeer is an arctic animal, well equipped for the hard climate and tough living conditions, it has a fur that can handle even the worst possible weather conditions. The fur coat is dense and insulates well against both both cold and moisture.
- Color: Natural
- Length: Approx. 4' (120 cm)
- Width: Approx. 2'4" (70 cm)
- Origin: Northern Sweden
- For indoor use. If you want a skin for outdoor use, please choose that alternative.
- Each skin is unique and they all differ in shape, structure and shade.
- If you want a reindeer skin for outdoor use, please choose that alternative.
- If you use the reindeer skin lying on the floor, a bench or similar, add a fine-meshed anti-slip mat under it to ensure air circulation. Reindeer skin has such an extreme insulating ability that condensation may form under the it, resulting in hair loss.
- We do not recommend using the reindeer skin as a rug since the hairs are hollow and may break if you walk on it constantly.
- Never wash a reindeer skin. If necessary, gently brush it off.