Viking Belt, Gokstad, Chestnut
Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 4211
FREE AND FAST SHIPPING!
Viking Age belt based on the find in the Gokstad ship burial in Norway (9th Century).
Hand-made from durable oxhide, the belt comes with the historically accurate bronze buckle, keeper and a strap end. It is quite wide and prominent considering most other Viking Age belts, and sturdy enough to keep even heavier items hanging from it nicely.
- Material: Leather belt and bronze fittings
- Size of buckle: 50 x 50 mm
- Size of strap end: 68 mm x 35 mm
- Belt Length: Available in 3 lengths (check size guide)
- Belt Width: 34 mm
- Belt Thickness: 2.5 - 3 mm (8 oz)
- Color: Chestnut
- The belt comes with ready-made holes.
A belt belongs to the basics of a Viking outfit, together with a tunic, trousers and shoes. richly decorated belts were not used by everyone. Anything that serving as a belt could be used to tie the tunic at the waist - such as a piece of rope, cloth or a simple leather strap with an iron ring. Belts ranged in width from 12 mm to 40 mm, which is evident in finds from the Viking Age.