Viking Klappenrock Coat, Blue
- In stock
- Inventory on the way
- Based on historical sources
- Color: Blue with a 5 cm (2") blue trim
- Material: 100% felted tabby weave wool (350 gsm) with a herringbone wool trim
- Handwash only
- Sizes: S - 3XL
- The width is highly adjustable due to the wrap design.
- Accessories or linen under tunic not included
- All accessories available in the Grimfrost webshop.
Comfortable and great looking Viking Age coat made from durable wool. It is trimmed with fine herringbone wool to give it an authentic look. The coat is based on the find from Hedeby, but the design is also seen on period images, such as jewelry and the famous helmet bronze plates from Vendel in Sweden. Wear it with a belt and a linen undertunic. The design is spacious enough to wear over a wool tunic during colder weather.
The coat is made from recycled wool that is a great ECO-friendly option! Aided by modern-day quality controls and meticulous sorting before shredding and weaving, it saves on the energy and water needed to produce non-recycled wool. The process also eliminates the use of chemicals.