Flat rate & Free shipping options
Supplier to Vikings and Game of Thrones
Product number: 3595
A reproduction of the seax from the 700-800s that was found in Hedeby. The wooden handle is made from one piece, just like in the original. The length of this seax borders to a langseax, so the loops in the scabbard are adjusted for a tilted position. This allows it to be worn on the back, the front or slightly on the side, like a sword. Grimfrost in runes is stamped into the blade as a makers mark.
- Sharpened blade
- Material: Carbon Steel 1045
- HRC 55-58
- Hand-stitched leather scabbard
- Walnut wood handle with brass studs
- Total length: 25.2" (64 cm)
- Length of the blade: 19.5" (49.5 cm)
- Maximum width of blade: 1.6" (4 cm)
- Length of grip: 5.5" (14 cm)
- Carefully handmade, small variations may occur.
- The length of the seax and the construction does not make this good for actual usage (chopping wood etc.). For those activities, please choose the seax found here: Broken Back Seax